Saturday, 4 December 2010
How many shepherds do you know who know the length of their leg up to the knee?? Well this one does! He measured his leg yesterday in an attempt to ascertain how deep the snow was. Level snow is 22 inches away out bye apparently (although I doubt after the snowfall today and tonight that is history and he will have to measure to a different part of his anatomy now!)
The farmer in the Rede was still optomistic that I may get over there, I wasn't and to be fair this was a far more important task. The man in the Rede had all his sheep accesible, this man didn't. So onto the quad and off I went, the shepherd ploughed hs farm road out for me to gain access as the snow is too deep for the bike now. http://blog.tarset.co.uk/2010/01/snow-bound-sheep.html We walked out cutting a track with our feet as we went, a track we hoped the sheep would follow back.
What about tomorrow? D'y know, I really don't know! A phone call tonight to ask for assistance to find, count and feed some sheep which a farmer can't access from where he lives but which I ought to be able to. The forecast is absolutely atrocious and I feel like I'll hardly dare open my eyes in the morning and look out of the window. The two of us desperately need to get into town. This visa does need applying for or else a great deal of money may well have been wasted. Will we get there? Dunno. Mebbes I'll be able to tell you in the next posting.
- ► 2012 (65)
- ► 2011 (87)
- Christmas is past
- Tup time and second time over
- An update on the weather
- A spell of hard weather but NO snow! ( 4 - 8/12/10...
- Injuries to tups
- A Cheviot fix. South Country Cheviots
- Friday......... it tried to snow! An improvement!!...
- Thursday and.......... it snowed! (2/12/10)
- Guess what? Snow on a Wednesday too!! (1/12/10)
- S.O.S Tuesday and f**king snow! (30/11/10)
- Snow - again! This time on a Monday!! (29/11/10)
- Snowy Sunday (28/11/10)
- A snowier Saturday (27/11/10)
- A snowy Friday (26/11/10)
- ▼ December (15)
- ► 2009 (59)